Your data, privacy and the Law - How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours service, urgent or emergency care services, paramedics and GPs at the East Grinstead Hub.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually anonymised is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
For more information see the downloads below or ask at reception.
GDPR - Privacy Notice Care Quality Commission.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice Risk Stratification, Commissioning, Patient ID.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice - Direct Care.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice for Payments.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice for Summary Care Record.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice Public Health.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice Safeguarding.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice Emergencies.pdf
GDPR - Privacy Notice for National screening programs.pdf